- Natural Pain Reliever – The presence of cineole and limonene present in the oil aids in relieving the pain.
- Natural Decongestant – Presence of the natural bronchial-dilator constituents, pinene and cineole, help decongest and dilate the bronchi and bronchioles in the lungs.
- Potent Anti-dandruff Oil – The antifungal properties of eucalyptus oil prevents the formation of dandruff. It is effective on the fungus Malassezia that causes dandruff.
- Natural disinfectant – Water infused with Nilgiri Eucalyptus can be used to wash wounds and bruises. It prevents infection and hastens the healing of the wounds and bruises.
- Natural Insect Repellent – The fragrance of the oil is pleasing to human beings but repelling to insects such as mosquitoes, bugs and cockroaches.
- Natural Mouth-freshener – The antibacterial properties help fight mouth odor and improve bad breath.
Nilgiri eucalyptus oil, otherwise known as Nilgiri Tel is extracted from the leaves of the Eucalyptus tree belonging to the plant family Myrtaceae. Steam distillation is the process used to distill superior quality oil from the eucalyptus leaves. The fragrance of Nilgiri Tel is known for camphoraceous, woody, earthy and medicinal aroma. It is the presence of elements such as Limonene, Aromadendrene, α-Terpineol,Citronellal, Piperitone and Camphor which make eucalyptus oil one of the go-to oils for insect bites, ease pain and hasten healing of wounds. The oil is used widely because of its antifungal, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
How to use Eucalyptus Oil to ease your cold and cough?
Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a bowl of hot water and inhale the vapors. You can also use the oil in a diffuser and diffuse it in your home during winter and monsoon months to keep cold and cough at bay.
How to use Eucalyptus Oil to relieve pain?
Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil to a teaspoon of carrier oil such as grapeseed or jojoba oil. Mix well and apply it in the joints and areas where it aches and pains.
How to use Eucalyptus Oil to cleanse your mouth?
Add a couple of drops of the oil to a glass of water. Gargle with this water to get rid of bad breath and gum pain.
How to keep Plaque away using Eucalyptus?
Add a couple of drops to your regular toothpaste and brush. It will keep plaque and cavities away.