|Extraction Method||Steam Distillation|
|Botanical Name||Cinnamonum Camphora|
- Organic Camphor essential oil offered is extracted from Cinnamomum Camphora (also known as Laurus camphora) of Lauraceae family.
Constituents & Specifications:
- Ketones, Safrole, Phenolic Ethers, Borneol, Terpene Alcohol and Pinene etc.
- Specific Gravity: 0.950 – 0.958 @ 72°F
- Refractive Index: 1.472 – 1.479 @ 72°F
- Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, counterirritant, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, rubefacient, vermifuge.
Benefits & Uses:
- Camphor oil is used in treatment of nervous depression, inflammation, acne, arthritis, muscular aches & pains, rheumatism, sprains, bronchitis, colds, coughs, fever, flu & infectious diseases.
- As oil is toxic, it can be used in vapor therapy to ease respiratory problems.
- It is often used for Depression, insomnia, shock, respiratory problems, oily skin and pains.
- Apply immediately in cold compress to reduce swelling of bruises and sprains.Camphor has a strong, penetrating, fragrant odour, and is slightly cold to the touch like menthol leaves; locally it is an irritant, numbs the peripheral sensory nerves, and is slightly antiseptic; it is not readily absorbed by the mucous membrane, but is easily absorbed by the subcutaneous tissue.
- It combines in the body with glucuronic acid, and in this condition is voided by the urine. Authorities vary as to its effect on blood pressure; some think it raises it, others take an opposite view; but it has been proved valuable as an excitant in cases of heart failure, whether due to diseases or as a result of infectious fevers, such as typhoid and pneumonia, not only in the latter case as a stimulant to circulation, but as preventing the growth of pneumococci