The marula oil is high in antioxidants, which is very good for dry and acne-prone skin, while the cucumber hydrosol reduces skin puffiness and also fights acne. Meva Facial Toner refreshes and tones while cleansing your pores. Great for normal to dry skin!
“Toners are most helpful and necessary for people with oily or acne-prone skin, or for people who want extra cleansing after wearing makeup or other heavy skin products such as sunscreen.
If you’re wondering what else face toner does for your skin, King outlined some additional benefits:
- It shrinks pores. Applying a small amount of toner to a soft cotton ball or pad and gently blotting and wiping your face with it will remove oil and give the appearance of smaller pores.
- It restores your skin’s pH balance. Our skin is naturally acidic, typically with a pH balance of between five and six (on a scale from 0 to 14). But that balance can get out of whack after cleansing due to the alkaline nature of soap. When this happens, your skin needs to work overtime to return to its normal levels (and that may result in oil), but using a toner can help restore this balance quickly
- It adds a layer of protection. Toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing, reducing the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin. It can even protect and remove chlorine and minerals present in tap water.
- It acts like a moisturizer. Some toners are humectants, which means they help to bind moisture to the skin.
- It refreshes skin. Toner can also be used in lieu of washing your skin when it’s oily or dirty. It will leave your skin revitalized even when you’re on the move.
- It can prevent ingrown hairs. Toners can help to prevent ingrown hairs, so it also aids in grooming.