BOTANICAL NAME: MELALEUCA LEUCADENDRON
FAMILY NAME: MYRTACEAE
CMMON NAME: CAJAPUT, PAPER BOOKS OR PUNK TREES
PART USED: LEAVES AND TRIGS
Cajeput oil is good for health and helps in maintain the digestive system. It also helps in giving relief from the nasal congestion, and it is also used as antifungal medication and ointment for pain relief as it has the ability to get mixed with convention antibodies.
The cajeput tree is mainly found in Malay Archipelago regions. It can be found in the other parts of South East Asia like Spice Island, Sulawesi and hot regions of Australia also.
The leaves of cajeput tree are ready for harvesting in hot climate dry weather conditions. This climate is selected for harvesting as the tree yields its maximum output in the season.
Its name ‘KAYA PTILI’ is derived from Indonesia which means white wood. This tree is very therapeutic and has many usesand is the reason why it is regarded very highly in the eastern region.
The leaves of the tree are collected in hot dry day then it is grinded in water. Then this mixture is kept for a night for fragmentation and then next day it is distilled for the extraction of oil. The processed oil thus obtained after distillation. It has bitter, minty taste with spicy odour and it is pale yellow in colour.
COMMONLY KNOWN BENEFITS:
- Cajeput oil is used in an allergic, diaphoretic, insecticide and for the treatment of cough as it has antifungal and antibiotic properties.
- Cajeput oil also controls the growth of microorganism by using it regularly.
- Stiff bones and painful joints can be treated by cajeput oil.
- It can also be used as inhalant for patient who is suffering from sinus. It’s helpful in treating common cold, congestion and cough due to of its antibacterial properties.
- Muscle soreness and rheumatism can be treated because of its anti-neuralgic property.
- The oil naturally treats head lice and fleas.
- Cajeput oil can be applied to the wounds, bruises or cuts. It helps in quick healing and protects from infection as it has antimicrobial properties.
- Ear aches and tooth aches can be treated by the use of this oil.
- Cajeput oil is beneficial for the digestive system and keeps the digestive tracts clean and prevents constipation.
- It has carminative properties which help in elimination of intestinal worms and prevention of flatulence.
- It can be used as natural sedative also as it helps in reducing the feeling of anxiety and anger to give sound sleep.
- The cajeput oil is helpful in treatment of diarrhea, nervous vomiting and stomach cramps. As it can be applied and has many medicinal use.
- Dillutedcajeput oil helps in treating eczema, colic and scabies.
- Ringworm lesions, athelete’s foot infestation etc can also be treated by this oil.
- This oil has good fragrance so it is also used as flavouring agent and is for fragrance in cosmetic products.