Also Knows as: India Frankincense, Salai guggul
Boswellia may be a tree that’s native to India, Africa, and Arabia. it’s commonly utilized in the normal Indian medicine, Ayurveda. Olibanum is another word for boswellia. It refers to a resin or “sap” that seeps from openings within the bark of several Boswellia species, including salai. The most constituent of the gum are boswellic acids, which are reported to possess anti arthritic properties.
Benefits & Uses
- Osteoarthritis: Taking extracts of boswellia can reduce pain by up to 65% and improve mobility in people with osteoarthritis in joints.
- Aging skin: Applying boswellia cream to the face reduces fine surface lines, roughness, and sun damage in women with sun-damaged skin.
- Asthma: Boswellia extract helps improving breathing, reduce sudden attacks, and decrease some symptoms in people with asthma.
- Ulcerative colitis: It may be a sort of inflammatory bowel disease. Consuming boswellia improves symptoms of colitis in some people. Boswellia may additionally improve symptoms in people with colitis who are already arrested .
- Brain tumor: Boswellia extract might reduce brain swelling in adults with brain tumors.
- Cluster headache
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Dysmenorrhea (Menstrual cramps)